View Full Version : The next tech boom

velious
04-27-2006, 01:32 AM
the 1990's are over, but if and when there is a new tech boom in the stock market, do you think it will be in hardware or software, and why?

goldenboy
04-28-2006, 03:31 PM
Well this could go either way but i personally believe that it will go the hardware side of things simply becuase you need the hardware to run the software so If software companies make hi-tech software that can only run on a 128 mb graphics crad or whatever RAM then hardware has to go up for the home user to benifit from this software program :)

PeAce Out

rpgfan3233
04-28-2006, 06:07 PM
If software companies make hi-tech software that can only run on a 128 mb graphics crad or whatever RAM then hardware has to go up for the home user to benifit from this software program
That's only if the software is for home users. There are three sides to software:
commercial - designed to be an application with power; only for use in a business environment (because Average Joe can't afford it)
personal - designed for people who just want to use the software
educational - specifically designed for people to learn or to use as students

ttttt
04-28-2006, 08:11 PM
I think it will be software because Microsoft have developed Vista but it needs large specifictions and so there has been a drive by some companies to make there hardware Vista compatible.
This shows that Microsft have the power to develop what they want and have everyone rushing to sort out the hardware but also that software is developed first, then the spec released, hardware is upgraded, then the software is released.

Celtboy
04-29-2006, 03:13 AM
Combination. One cannot live without the other.

I don't think it will be "Internet 2.0" but I think we're going to see a larger convergence of the two -- IP enabled telephones/microwaves/blenders/cars/etc.

These are already starting to make inroads in our stores...once the technologies blend really well and some more universal standards are ratified (and faster wifi / wireless power...:drool:) we'll start to see more of the "tech boom" that you're familiar with.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum