View Full Version : help with shopping cart.

04-21-2006, 12:45 AM
hey guys, i need a little help making a shopping cart.
what do i use to carry items from page to page, also how do i add the total prices of all selected items.
i have no promlems with making the website i just need to know what to do when someone clicks add to cart.
and how i show how mamy items they have already in there cart.
please help or point me in the right direction, im completely stumped at the moment.

thanks in advance

Clarkey Boy
04-21-2006, 01:38 AM
Try using a database for each customer account - use "CREATE TABLE..." as the SQL command whenever someone creates the account and then have a picture as the shopping cart - when someone clicks the picture, it takes the values of all the forms, multiplies them by the price (if needed) and enters the data into the database. At least... thats the only way I can think of.

04-21-2006, 05:08 AM
hmmm, anyone else know any other ways, like using variables or sumthing

04-21-2006, 04:35 PM

04-24-2006, 05:34 AM
yes, but how do i create a session for each item added to cart.
eg. if i add item 122 to the cart and item 56 then how do i retreive the all the sessions created, is there a command?
or do i have to say something liek.
if sesison("1") = true then ""
if sesison("2") = true then ""
if sesison("3") = true then ""
all the way upto the last item.
do you know wat i mean?
if i know how to retrieve all sessions that have been created then i can do it so simple.

please hlp

04-24-2006, 05:54 AM
ok, just found out how to do that, list all sessions.

dim i
dim j
Response.Write("Session variables: " & j)
For i=1 to j
Response.Write(Session.Contents(i) & "<br />")

now im curious, because if i us this code, it lists my username session and my session that allows access to my admin pages. how do i exclude them.

04-24-2006, 12:12 PM
...... anyone?