View Full Version : Problem using FireFox and IE

crono.Serge
04-21-2006, 12:39 AM
I have no idea why I cannot see .gif's. Animated gif's and a couple of images are the ones giving me the most trouble. All I see are just is a 20x20 transparent .gif, in either FF or IE. Can anyone explain why...sorry if I dont make sense, I have'nt eaten in a while.....

_Aerospace_Eng_
04-21-2006, 01:10 AM
Then go eat? Do you have any firewalls or security software installed on your system? If so what do you have? Possibly Zone Alarm?

crono.Serge
04-21-2006, 01:18 AM
Ha...havin' a burger and enjoying it. Yeah...I do have zonealarm. I unchecked the animations under the Ad Blocking tab, and that fixed some...<b>some</b> .gif's. The only thing that does'nt show up are avatars....I have no idea why that happens

_Aerospace_Eng_
04-21-2006, 01:21 AM
Avatars on what forum? Not every member on these forums has an avatar. Actually only about 350 us are allowed to even have one.

crono.Serge
04-21-2006, 01:29 AM
there's another site that's giving me trouble seeing images...images in general, whether (did I spell that right?) it be jpg or gif. Like ROBOTECH.COM, before I updated FF to 1.5.0.1, I could see the side menu. Now, sometimes it loads the images. It does the same thing in IE and I'm using 6.0. I don't know what to do.....:confused:

UPDATE:
For some reason, I don't have that problem in MSN Explorer...but, I don't like using MSN Explorer. I'm trying to find out why that happens. It would'nt have to do with the about:config settings in FF would it?

drhowarddrfine
04-21-2006, 02:02 AM
Did you do anything to the config file?

crono.Serge
04-21-2006, 02:04 AM
not that I can think of...I just recoverd from a BIG A** crash. And guess what? I had the same problem before the crash.

oracleguy
04-21-2006, 07:54 PM
Why not try turning off the ad-blocking feature in ZoneAlarm all together and see if it fixes the problem. Just to rule it out.

TrackStar
04-24-2006, 07:25 PM
I've had a bunch of formating problems in FF that I have not had in IE. That said, I am not going back to IE anytime soon.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum