View Full Version : help!!!

04-17-2006, 03:47 AM
i have a computer with win95 and i just fixed it to where it will read the cd drive. when i turn it on it says invalid drive re-insert and press return ive went back inside it and i found something unpugled there was nowhere to plug it in what do i do? plz help without that cpu i cant work on my programming.

04-17-2006, 06:29 AM
I think that happened to me a few times when i plugged the floppy drive ribbon in upside down. the ribbon not the power.

04-17-2006, 06:10 PM
In the future, please use a more descriptive subject when posting a question. See the posting guidelines. (http://www.codingforums.com/postguide.htm)

04-18-2006, 07:04 PM
There should only be 2 things that you would need to read the CD-ROM, the BUS cable and the power cable.

The cable that is still unplugged is most likely your CD-ROM Audio cable,
(it is like a small one, smaller than the other 2). That will not make a difference to your Drive operating.

Try and plug the Ribbon in the other way (as ubik said) though I am not sure that it will go in without bending the pins (unless you have already)

Let us know of the outcome, else you should check your device manager (but this is Win95 we talking about, so it could be a compatability issue, pls tell us the specs of the drive as well)

04-24-2006, 06:00 AM
i didnt have it plugged in all the way also it was upside down lol so it didnt bend the pins