View Full Version : trying to teach my mum how to use a computer -- help!!!

greatkid1984
04-13-2006, 10:23 AM
Hi,

I am trying to teach my mum how to use a computer, I have been using computers ever since i was 13 years old, and have forgotten how fustrating it is to watch and try and teach a complete newbie how to use it. She basically doesnt understand zilch!

I wonder if anybody could recommend either a goodwebsite/video/tutorial-guide that i could give her to start with. I have tried seraching on google, but it just comes up with paid websites and useless information. I am talking about a complete newbie here, all she knows is how to turn the thing on, but still doesn't know how to turn it off

Cheers for any help in advance
Chris

_Aerospace_Eng_
04-13-2006, 10:26 AM
http://www.videoprofessor.com/
He also has a cd you can order for like 6 US dollars.

Fong YP
04-17-2006, 11:53 AM
Hi,

I am trying to teach my mum how to use a computer, I have been using computers ever since i was 13 years old, and have forgotten how fustrating it is to watch and try and teach a complete newbie how to use it. She basically doesnt understand zilch!

I wonder if anybody could recommend either a goodwebsite/video/tutorial-guide that i could give her to start with. I have tried seraching on google, but it just comes up with paid websites and useless information. I am talking about a complete newbie here, all she knows is how to turn the thing on, but still doesn't know how to turn it off

Cheers for any help in advance
Chris

My grandmother also wants to learn computer. What i do is teach her the basics and that's it. Old people can't remember much. Besides this, i got no patience. Shhh... Don't tell my grandmother. :D

goldenboy
04-22-2006, 11:16 AM
I am going to save you a hole lot of trouble of greatkid i suggest you go out and buy a small book for you mum. Thats so much easier than having to spend hours teahing the stuff.

peace OUt

Mr. Bubble
04-22-2006, 11:59 AM
i taught my grandmother how to basically use media player and some bridge program (card game), dont know how though :D

TrackStar
04-24-2006, 07:27 PM
i taught my grandmother how to basically use media player and some bridge program (card game), dont know how though

That is a tall order indeed.
Teaching someone old is a tough experience - you need LOTS of patience.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum