View Full Version : freeware large MP3 file splitter

crmpicco
04-04-2006, 09:24 AM
Can anyone recommend a freeware large MP3 file splitter?
#
i.e. software that will cut up a large mp3 file into smaller ones...

Picco

_Aerospace_Eng_
04-04-2006, 09:39 AM
Check out Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/). Its freeware and I think it can do what you want.

JamieR
04-04-2006, 10:12 AM
Yeah Audacity can do it, I've done that as well as making one big mp3 out of loads of little ones ;)

crmpicco
04-04-2006, 01:08 PM
how do you use it? LOL

crmpicco
04-05-2006, 12:40 PM
it doesnt seem too easy to use, are there any other freeware versions that will cut it up more simpler? i have been using MegaSoft mp3splitter, but it cant open some large mp3 files.
i get a 'problem initializing MCI' error..............

all you do is click when to cut when it is playing(which creates a breakpoint) then save the files when its finished. are there any more similar to this one?

crmpicco
04-05-2006, 12:43 PM
i've also installed mp3DirectCut which ain't too easy to work either.

crmpicco
04-05-2006, 02:01 PM
its as if MegaSoft mp3Splitter cant access some of the data, so it throws an error.

kitz
04-06-2006, 07:02 AM
try using something unconventional. like the preinstalled windows software. Windows movie maker for example might be able to do it. Although, I can't check right now, i should let you know that it probably will only allow you to output to WMA since its a microsoft product...

EDIT--
Wait, hold on, you can get a freeware converter from WMA to mp3, so it would take two steps, but it would work.

If you have any troubles figuring out how to work movie maker, just ask.
--EDIT

_Aerospace_Eng_
04-07-2006, 08:07 AM
try using something unconventional. like the preinstalled windows software. Windows movie maker for example might be able to do it. Although, I can't check right now, i should let you know that it probably will only allow you to output to WMA since its a microsoft product...

EDIT--
Wait, hold on, you can get a freeware converter from WMA to mp3, so it would take two steps, but it would work.

If you have any troubles figuring out how to work movie maker, just ask.
--EDIT
He is trying to split a file not convert one... :rolleyes:
I would have linked him to converting software if he was trying to convert an mp3. How large is the mp3? Maybe you can send it to one of us and we can convert it. I have Nero Wav Creator. I can split mp3s with that, just tell me where you want it split. My email is apaulo2004 [ at ] gmail.com

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum