View Full Version : replacing XP video card with new card

ubtheboss
10-18-2002, 10:01 PM
My computer came as is with Windows XP. It's a HP7966 Pavillion.

I want to put in a Radeon 8500DV graphics card. The instructions say I need to first remove the video card driver (thats on my computer already) first. If I'm dealing with the video card the computer came with does anyone know what driver file I need to remove?

I see a NVidia display driver but I don't know if that's the one.

Help! Thanks. :thumbsup:

jkd
10-18-2002, 10:54 PM
Don't worry about the driver. Windows XP is exceptional about picking up the addition and removal of hardware.

Yank out whatever you have right now, throw in your Radeon 8500DV, and enjoy.

mouse
10-19-2002, 12:05 PM
Don't bother removing the driver, I'd recommend downloading the latest Radeon drivers from this page: http://mirror.ati.com/support/drivers/powered.html ATI drivers improve the cards abilities with each edition (they start out rubbish and end up eating GeForce's :eek:) so the latest are a must. :)

ubtheboss
10-19-2002, 06:25 PM
Thanks to both of you. Everything looks to be working fine (knock on wood). Mouse, at the link you provided, which of those driver should I download? The 'catalyst radeon' one under XP?

:thumbsup:

ubtheboss
10-21-2002, 12:06 AM
I have successfully uploaded video from my camcorder and vcr but the audio is not being captured. Here is the problem:

Using Ulead VideoCapture6 and Radeon 8500DV I am uploading video from analogue sources (first a camcorder and then a VCR). I am not getting any audio with my video when I capture. Looking in the ULead tech support database I see the problem existed before (in 2001) because the audio connectors should have been plugged into my sound card's audio in/out. However the Radeon 8500DV has audio connectors that plug into the audio in/out on my sound card ( I assume earlier versions or other sound cards did not have this).

Therefore I am puzzled.

Anyone else can relate to this? Any solutions?

Thanks.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum