View Full Version : running phtml on a windows 2003 webserver

fogofogo
03-21-2006, 10:41 AM
Hello All,

Very sorry If this is in the wrong place. I'm new to server technology and don't have a vast knowledge of it.

We have just got a new windows 2003 server for our various sites and I am moving them across to it. Some of our site are built in phtml and I was wondering how to get these working on the windows box - should I just install php on it? Or is there a different parser that I need to get?

Thanks all

J

JamieR
03-21-2006, 04:01 PM
Phtml is, I believe, just an outdated suffix for PHP pages...so just change the file extension to .php. I think PHP by default parses .phtml pages - if not then you'll need to specifiy it. Installing PHP will be the correct thing to do.

On a different note, even though it will work perfectly, Linux web servers are suited more to apache/php than Windows is :)
There again, I run PHP and Apache on Server 03 Enterprise, and Fedora Core :D

fogofogo
03-21-2006, 05:45 PM
Thats great - thanks man:thumbsup:

I agree with you about using a linux/apache box, But the problem is most of the sites on the box are asp based and about 25% are php, which we will be converting soon.

Thanks again!

gsnedders
03-21-2006, 07:08 PM
Phtml is, I believe, just an outdated suffix for PHP pages...so just change the file extension to .php. I think PHP by default parses .phtml pages - if not then you'll need to specifiy it. Installing PHP will be the correct thing to do.
It's got nothing to do with PHP whether PHP parses .phtml/.php (or any other extension) files, but rather up to IIS/Apache (or whatever other webserver is used).

oracleguy
03-21-2006, 07:14 PM
It's got nothing to do with PHP whether PHP parses .phtml/.php (or any other extension) files, but rather up to IIS/Apache (or whatever other webserver is used).

Regardless, it is easy to make it do that.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum