View Full Version : Changing current style of hyperl's w/in CSS

InfoSeek
06-26-2002, 06:18 PM
Thanks for your recent replies to my css questions:) I am also trying to incorporate changing the current style of hyperlinks. I need to display all hyperlinks with a background color value of (128, 128,128) in a white font with no underlining, size of text is 1em unit with font choics of Arial, Helvetica and finally sans-serif. If a pointer is hovering over the link, the font color should change to yellow. I am using IE 5. This is what I came up with for a result (and will place in my .css) please confirm this belongs in the .css as do all formatting and style changes correct?

A {font-size:1em; color: white text-decoration: none
font family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif}

A:hover {color: yellow}

I am also creating the illusion of a 3D box around an article by changing the width of the top & left borders to 1 plixel and width of the right and bottom borders to 4 pixels. This is what I came up with:

{border-top-width: 1px;
border-left-width: 1px;
border-right-width: 4px;
border-bottom-width: 4px}

Will this work correctly?:eek:

whackaxe
06-26-2002, 06:28 PM
why dont you
a) test this yourself
b)go to www.bradsoft.com and get top style light for making CSS (NS AND IE different versions) and save yourself some hassle

jkd
06-27-2002, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by InfoSeek
A {font-size:1em; color: white text-decoration: none
font family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif}

You're missing an important semi-colon after color: white

You always need to insert a semi-colon after the value of the property, unless it is the very last one, but I do nonetheless just to keep the habit.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum