View Full Version : ADO.NET dependencies?

cooldrum3
03-02-2006, 05:33 PM
Hello all:

I'm currently testing an application which uses ADO.net to connect to a SQL Server DB. I'm running into a problem, however. I have two identical laptops, other than operating system. The application connects to the DB fine on the XP SP2 laptop. On the 2000 SP4 laptop, however, I get the message "Error In Main Procedure, Unable to connect to the DB". My question is this, are there any dependencies for ADO.net other than the .net Framework? Specifically, is there potentially something else missing on the 2000 machine that is standard in XP?

Thanx much,

-Eric

cooldrum3
03-02-2006, 08:55 PM
Answered my own question :). The .net SQL provider requires MDAC 2.6 or above. Win 2000 does not have this and does not install it through Windows Update. It must be downloaded and installed seperately.

Hello all:

I'm currently testing an application which uses ADO.net to connect to a SQL Server DB. I'm running into a problem, however. I have two identical laptops, other than operating system. The application connects to the DB fine on the XP SP2 laptop. On the 2000 SP4 laptop, however, I get the message "Error In Main Procedure, Unable to connect to the DB". My question is this, are there any dependencies for ADO.net other than the .net Framework? Specifically, is there potentially something else missing on the 2000 machine that is standard in XP?

Thanx much,

-Eric

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum