View Full Version : Checking for keyloggers

02-25-2006, 01:57 PM
I know there are some keyloggers that are available on internet (those for personal reasons)

How can i check whether my computer has a keylogger installed, i'm afraid that the passwords i type might be logged without my knowledge.

02-25-2006, 02:52 PM
Depends on how the keylogger is implemented. System wide stuff can often be caught by looking in the process list or in the HiJackThis data.

02-26-2006, 09:38 PM
I've seen some that will install as a keyboard driver and catch input that way too.

02-27-2006, 03:04 AM
There are a lot of ways in keylogging, i also tried looking in the process list, but some of the items are not familiar to me. Are there softwares available to scan the PC instead?

02-27-2006, 02:15 PM
Spy Sweeper will find a lot of keystroke loggers.

03-01-2006, 06:24 PM
Ken, post your process list here and I will be happy to point out anything out of the ordinary. (Of course, this isn't exactly the software solution you were hoping for, but I will be glad to help anyway.)

To get a list of the processes running very easily, follow these steps:

Start -> Run.
Type: cmd
Press enter.
Type: cd\
Press enter.
Type: qprocess > list.txt
Press enter.
Type: exit
Press enter.

You now have a file called list.txt in your main harddrive (probably c). Just copy and paste the contents into a post on this website.

(Note: I realize not all of the processes running are listed by this method. That is because qprocess is set by default to ignore system processes.)

05-08-2006, 01:23 PM
Thnx bro, i got my pc reformat already!