View Full Version : Blog CSS Firefox question

02-22-2006, 08:04 PM
There was a very kind soul back on 11-16-05 who helped me with a problem I had with a Blog I was working on for my boss. I am back on the project again, and am having difficulty with the appearance in Firefox. I am using Blogger, and In the template I removed a calendar I had gotten from "eventful" or EVDB in the sidebar of the blog page. It was a simple copy and paste the code from "Eventful" to the template page in blogger. The calendar is repeated twice so I removed it from the template (this is found in the bottom right corner of the actual page) The change has applied in IE and is noted in the preview section of the blog. (when I preview my changes the calendars are removed) Though, when I go directly to the blog site, the calendars are still there. Is there another place in the style sheet I need to remove this code? the blog site it: http://tdraper.blogspot.com
Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated!

02-22-2006, 08:07 PM
In the HTML for your blogger you should see this

<h2 class="sidebar-title">Calendar</h2>
You need to remove that.

02-22-2006, 08:22 PM
Hi, Thanks for your reply and help. SO, it seems that getting rid of that <h2 class="sidebar-title">Calendar</h2> still applied in IE and when I preview the change in a new window, though if I go directly to http://tdraper.blogspot.com on firefox, the calendars are still there. Is there another place I should be looking to delelte the <h2 class="sidebar-title">Calendar</h2>? Thanks again!!

02-22-2006, 09:00 PM
sounds stupid but... refresh the page! :p

02-22-2006, 09:52 PM
;) it doesn't sound stupid at all...I did refresh and closed and re-opened the browser...still no luck, :(

could this just be stuck on here?

Thank you!!!!

02-22-2006, 10:00 PM

02-22-2006, 10:01 PM
The calendar is no longer there for me in FF1.5.0.1 press CTRL + F5 for a hard refresh and see if its still there. If it is then you have a caching issue.

@Jackle what was the screenshot for? It doesn't seem to be useful to the thread.

02-22-2006, 10:03 PM
because i couldnt see it but he could lol i already said refresh the page you see ;/ i'll remove it anyway

02-22-2006, 10:39 PM
You are both awesome and I appreciate your help...wouldn't you know I didn't have the latest version of Firefox...Thank you for your help...and I didn't mind the refresh joke, though I missed the screenshot;)

Thank you both!!!

02-23-2006, 12:15 AM
Refresh joke? :confused:

02-23-2006, 01:03 AM
Mark it had to do with the screenshot jackle removed.

02-23-2006, 01:14 AM
sounds stupid but... refresh the page! :p

Thats ment to be the joke aparantly, as the the screenshot this was the screenshot:

I was asking if i should be able to see a calander as he could even after refreshing the page ;)