...

View Full Version : opensource Software conflict - help needed



phpinfinity
02-19-2006, 03:36 AM
Greetings all,
Im posting here asking for all of PHP coders help in a very delicate matter.

For the last 2 months, Ive been developing an opensource CMS system called PHP iNFiNiTY,
(yes another one !, the world just can't have too many :P)
Before that I was voluntarily helping another opensource software called PHP izabi,
this voluntary work involved providing support to new users and occasionally writing a few mods, because of my involvement the founders or Izabi decided to make me an admin.

PHPizabi was never open to joined development, there was only one developer and he did everything himself, we only helped with providing feed back and bug reports...

Up until lately PHPizabi source was 5% encrypted with ioncube, this included : index.php and several files in the "includes" folder.

I didn't announce my project (PHP iNFiNiTY) yet and I didn't post about it anywhere yet cuz it's still in beta and needs a lot more work....

The izabi founders discovered my software and immediately accused me of stealing Izabi source code !!! Of course to do that Im also accused of cracking ioncube !!!!

I never used anything from Izabi source, and I never had access to it, all the packages from izabi were distributed with that 5% encrypted content which nobody could ever access ...

I think of the people on izabi as friends and I continually try to end the silly war that the founders have started, though no matter how hard I tried, they keep insulting and attacking me ruthlessly ...

Every time Id mention bringing in a 3rd party coder and have him decide if anything was stolen or ever cloned they just ignored the statement and never responded.

So I decided to take matters into my own hands to try and resolve the issue. I am searching for support from you guys, if you have free time and think you can do a comparison of both softwares, please do and post your findings here

My only concern is to make it clear that PHP iNFiNiTY is a self built software and to stop the wrongful accusations, I wish not to be in any kind of war and/or conflict with any programmers.

you can contact me at support@php-infinity.com
and you can contact the izabi coder at support@phpizabi.com

my software is available for free at :
http://www.php-infinity.com

their software is available for free at :
http://www.phpizabi.net

Please note that unlike PHP izabi, PHP iNFiNiTY is still under heavy development and wasn't even meant to be released to the public at this point ...

Thank you all for you cooperation.

iNFiNiTE

vinyl-junkie
02-19-2006, 05:43 AM
Sorry to hear about your troubles with these people, especially when it can easily be proven whether or not you copied any of their work.

You might consider using the file comparison tool, ExamDiff (http://www.prestosoft.com/ps.asp?page=edp_examdiff) and show them the results from that. That would surely be a way to settle this matter once and for all.

phpinfinity
02-19-2006, 08:38 PM
i hate all sorts of conflicts .. the world would be a better place if everyone would just work TOGETHER, instead of fighting ... anyways i can't use a file comparision tool cuz as i said they have that 5% encrypted ... so that's why i'm asking for 3rd party coders who can step up and offer to look it up, so they can't refuse giving him/her the encrypted part to compare

vinyl-junkie
02-19-2006, 09:43 PM
Can't you use a file compare tool on the 95% that isn't encrypted? Maybe they would be satisfied with that. If not, THEN get someone to independently compare the other 5% of the code. Just a thought.

phpinfinity
01-28-2007, 09:10 AM
Greetings all,
thank you for you responses to my last year's post, or at least for spending a few moments reading it ...
time has passed and things have changed, PHP iNFiNiTY has come a looooong way since those days...

PHP iNFiNiTY is now a fully mature product (currently in Beta stage),
we have a large community backend support, a lot of contributers and pleanty of fun :)

since the events mentioned in my original post took place, the co-founder of PHP Izabi (not the coder guy) has left Izabi and joined forces with me. and so have a larg number of Izabi users ...
I say this not to brag but to show how popular and serious this project have become.

our star product (code named: Zeta) is an online community builder unlike any other.

you can find more information @ link removed. We don't condone self promotion here. // liorean

iNFiNiTE.



EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum