View Full Version : Sound/Wireless Conflict (I think)

missing-score
02-11-2006, 01:58 AM
Well, a friend of mine thought it would be great fun to play a bass guitar through my computer and into the speakers... Unfortunatley, it permanently damaged my on-board sound so I had to get another sound card. My mate had a spare one lying around so I used that. I managed to automatically install drivers through windows and sound is working fine, but I think there is some kind of conflict between that and my wireless router card.

I noticed it during a voice chat, it just suddenly dropped the connection and the computer told me the gateway was offline. I tried a voice chat again, and still no luck. I have managed to do webcam, record voice clips, receive voice clips, play music and most of it doesn't affect the router connection (although I haven't confirmed this yet).

Any ideas as to how I might resolve something like this? I am using:

C-Media Soundcard I8738/C3DX PCI
Air Plus G+ D-Link wireless card
Logitech Quick-cam Communicate STX

Thanks
Matt

_Aerospace_Eng_
02-11-2006, 06:57 AM
Hmm I am unable to have voice convos over the net though Yahoo Messenger 7. I can do so in Yahoo 6 however. What router do you have? Also have you modified any remote help services?

missing-score
02-11-2006, 10:57 AM
Hmm I am unable to have voice convos over the net though Yahoo Messenger 7. I can do so in Yahoo 6 however. What router do you have? Also have you modified any remote help services?
No, I haven't.

Ive been testing some things and its not just voice conversations... It seems that any large amount of sound use is causing the same to happen, I listened to a couple of songs and by the end I couldn't get onto any websites.

missing-score
02-11-2006, 12:00 PM
OK well from what I can tell I have fixed the problem. I went into BIOS and disabled a couple of the onboard devices I wasn't using anymore and I had a voice chat just a minute ago, and am still online. If there are any other problems I shall post back here but for now it seems to be ok.

missing-score
02-11-2006, 04:51 PM
Ok, there still appears to be some trouble when engaging in voice chat. I'm going to do some more tests but if anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it.

missing-score
02-11-2006, 05:47 PM
Ok, have some more information:

It doesn't actually matter what I'm doing... It seems that there is a problem with doing anything where sound and internet use is involved... I was trying to watch web TV but it would cause the same to happen (become unable to connect to the internet). I really have no idea whats going on.

missing-score
02-12-2006, 09:42 AM
Sorry for the quadruple post... I should ban myself!

Anyway, I have sorted out my problem... Well, I didnt exactly sort it I just took the chicken-out method and installed my on-board ethernet adapter, then plugged straight into my wireless router, then disabled my wireless network card, and all is fine.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum