View Full Version : Italics

NancyJ
02-05-2006, 08:01 PM
Does anyone else have a problem with things on their computer (particularly links) being in italics for no apparent reason?
Its driving me nuts - all the search result in google are in italics and all the emails that I send.
I remember having it before but I never found the cause.

mark87
02-05-2006, 11:09 PM
Oh damn, I had that problem before but I've forgotten what I did to fix it! Let me have a think...

*Thinks*

Edit. I remember the problem was caused with corrupted fonts for me (not quite sure how it happened though!), I can't remember how I repaired it but if you download TweakUI (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx) you can choose to repair the font folder.

NancyJ
02-06-2006, 12:08 AM
tried that and it didnt work - solved a few other annoyances though (having to 'logon' to my computer for one)

NancyJ
02-06-2006, 12:19 AM
So I found the problem - Mambo.
It had replaced my arial font with a shortcut (to verdana fwiw). Found somewhere to get a free download (first site I found wanted $42!!!) and now I'm italics free!

mark87
02-06-2006, 03:05 AM
Aha, I have Mambo installed so it's quite probable that mine was the same cause! Might have to check out TweakUI myself; I always have to logon too when I'm the only user.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum