View Full Version : Hurdles

michshelly
01-29-2006, 06:23 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to learn functions. Is function the major hurdle to learn in JavaScript?

Thanks
Michelle

liorean
01-29-2006, 07:46 AM
I'd rather say what is the major hurdle depends on your previous experiences. If you know other similar languages, you mostly need to learn the libraries. If you know compiled languages, you need to learn a slightly different coding style. If you do both server and client side coding, you need to learn how the separation of client side and server side works. You always need to learn a bit about the security model used. You also need to learn about how the parsing models or the different client side languages interacts.

It all depends on you. There's only one hurdle that I think almost everybody has trouble with when they first try to use it, and that's regex. But if you know regex from some other language, then those are easy too.

michshelly
01-29-2006, 07:50 AM
Hi Liorean,

Thanks very much for all that info. It's very interesting. I have never done any programming or coding before at all. If I get through this JavaScript I will try VB and then maybe something else.

It's just that JS takes so long.
Thanks
Michelle

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum