View Full Version : Javascript Concerns

01-27-2006, 04:41 AM
Hi! I am new to this forum.

My website is a small online portfolio that uses a mixture of html and javascript code. Recently, a few people who use older browsers (Netscape 3, IE.4 ) have told me that they are unable to view any images or any visual elements on my site. Before publishing my site in Oct. '05, I had friends, and family test my site using different, browsers, OS' and internet connections without experiencing any problems at all. I would greatly appreciate if someone can please take a look at my site and offer any thoughts on how to make my site more compatible with older browsers. Thank you in advance for your time and response.

01-27-2006, 06:21 AM
Hello George, I was wondering the same thing today. Could you please email me at paul@prktech.com when you find out a solution? Thanks for the help in advance!

Philip M
01-27-2006, 08:44 AM
The correct solution is to advise these people who are using ancient and obsolete browsers to upgrade to IE6 or whatever. As it is free I do not understand why anyone would want to cling to old versions. If you downgrade your site to be compatible with Netscape 3 (!!!!) then you are effectivly crippling it.