View Full Version : Creating a form for visitors

01-26-2006, 04:29 AM
Hi there. i want to create a new form for visitors who visits my web-site. I need to create a form that will able the visitor to write any comments about the web-site. The form must be stored and it will be stored inside an archive. I know a bit about Javascript and i want some source codes in Javascript to help me to create the form. I think thats all for now.

Thank you for your attention.

Yours Truly
Mr Zulhilmi Rahman

Philip M
01-26-2006, 08:33 AM
JavaScript is a client-side langauge and is unable to read from or write to a file (except a cookie). To do what you want requires a server-side language such as Perl, PHP etc. and a database such as MySQL.

01-26-2006, 09:06 AM
Hi there. I did not know any other languages such as CGI, Perl or so on. All i want to know is whether it is possible to create a vistor form in that language. I want somes codes for example to help me to create the form. Thank you for your help.:eek:

Philip M
01-27-2006, 08:55 AM
What you are looking for is a guestbook script. www.hotscripts.com had 731 of these in various languages when I checked. One of them ought to meet your needs - but of course you must have that language available on your server.