View Full Version : Marquee from Left to Right

10-10-2002, 03:02 PM
my question is, how can i make a marquee run from left to right instead of right-to-left. i need it for non latin alphabet content.
appreciate your help.

10-10-2002, 03:22 PM
Want to see some great Marquee.. and even those going backwards? :>

Here you go!

Lot's of examples and help :)

Now, if it's the Status bar scrolling you wanted, well, that's different :D and the code I have if you want the message to scroll right to left..... but left to right, I'm am sure it can be done :) just needs to be figured out.

Or.. heh, use the below by Mr. J, I was too slow to respond XD
BUT.. on my URL, you have examples of much more too for anyone else that may be scrolling thro here :)

Mr J
10-10-2002, 03:23 PM
Like this?

<marquee align=center behavior=scroll direction=right width=100% height=20>Scroll to the right marquee</marquee>

10-10-2002, 03:31 PM
Thank you Revelle and Mr J. It worked very fine.
Regards :)

10-10-2002, 08:35 PM
in addition:

LOOP="infinite" tells the marquee to roll that text forever. (replace "infinate" with number if you want)

ALIGN="----" top, left, or middle
DIRECTION="----" left or right. Right is default.
BEHAVIOR="----" "scroll" is default, "slide" has the text come in and stop, "alternate" makes the text come from both sides every other time.
HSPACE="----" tells the marquee how much space to leave on each side of the text. Denote this in pixels.
SCROLLAMOUNT="----" tells the browser how much space between successive scrolls. Do this in pixels.
SCROLLDELAY="----" denotes the number of milliseconds (thousands) between each scroll.
VSPACE="----" denotes the top and bottom space before the text. Do this in pixels.

10-11-2002, 10:50 PM
theres a great tutorial about using javascript to control a marquee at the JavascriptKit site: