View Full Version : Firefox users test this page

gilgalbiblewhee
01-22-2006, 02:54 AM
Why is it that the 1st iFrame isn't functioning?
http://i.domaindlx.com/wheelofgod/kjvresp.asp?Keyword=jesus+christ&Keywordb=&Keywordc=&Keywordd=&Keyworde=&Keywordf=&keywordg=&text_data=yes&optAction=on

_Aerospace_Eng_
01-22-2006, 03:29 AM
They seem to both be working for me.

gilgalbiblewhee
01-22-2006, 03:42 AM
I don't understand it. It works in Internet Explorer but in Firefox, the first selected dropdown doesn't open the 1st iFrame.

noamr
01-22-2006, 05:54 AM
Hi,

Try changing:

<iframe
src ="/wheelofgod/kjvresplistbox.asp"
width="300" height="1200" name="ifrverse" id="ifrVerse">

To:

<iframe
src ="/wheelofgod/kjvresplistbox.asp"
width="300" height="1200" name="ifrVerse" id="ifrVerse">

:) BTW: referencing objects globally instead of via getDocumentById() is a bad thing anyhow...

felgall
01-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Why not install a copy of Firefox so you can test pages yourself. There are versions of Firefox available for all operating systems.

gilgalbiblewhee
01-23-2006, 05:51 AM
I have Firefox 1.5, but the Javascript don't seem to open the URL as it does in Internet Explorer. That's why I wanted you or someone else to test it. Maybe it's my computer. May be I need to reinstall it.

What do you mean Noamr? I don't see the difference.

glenngv
01-23-2006, 06:22 AM
What do you mean Noamr? I don't see the difference.
The proper and standard way to access an element via id is by using document.getElementById(theId). In IE, all named and id'ed element become global variables which are directly accessible anywhere in the page. Firefox also allows it (probably for compatibility with IE-only sites) but not without a warning. Check the javascript console to see the warning:

Warning: Element referenced by ID/NAME in the global scope. Use W3C standard document.getElementById() instead.
Other browsers totally disallow it and will throw an error.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum