View Full Version : Hey peeps,

jackle
01-14-2006, 02:18 AM
I was just wondering if it would be possible to update a section of a number of pages with just html and css its mainly the navigation area that would be updated or would i need to use some php?

If i need to use php (which i would have to learn lol) could i insert it into the current code without any problems do you think or would it be best to just redo the whole lot?

If i had to do the whole lot again what would be the best was as i know notthing about php apart from its pretty powerful ;) would it be some sort of template then calling from a fiel for the sections that i wanted updateing?

Sorry for being a dumbass! :rolleyes: :p

The one and only Jackle

harbingerOTV
01-14-2006, 02:27 AM
If your talking about having yourlinks where you might have to change them but want to only edit one file instead of every single page, then php is probally what you should use if your server allows it. You don't need to know any php to do it either. You will have to name all pages .php instead of html pages for it to work though.

heres an include i have used before:

<div id="links">
<?php
include("navigation.html");
?>
</div>

the "links" styling is in the css. the php include just grabs the links.html file and slides inplace. If a link would ever need changinging then I would only have to edit the one file.

the html file:

<ul>
<li><a href="index.php">Home</a></li>
<li><a href="about.php">About Us</a></li>
<li><a href="?.php">etc...</a></li>
</ul>

jackle
01-14-2006, 02:37 AM
ahh cool thanks for teh super fast reply dude ;) and yea my uni supports it they support it all i think ;)

thanks again :)

drhowarddrfine
01-14-2006, 05:31 AM
He called us peeps.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum