View Full Version : loading time problem!

CstAn
01-09-2006, 10:06 PM
this my coding:
echo"<script>win = window.open(\"index.php\",\"abc\",\"resizable = 0, menubar = 0, scrollbars = 1, status = 0, toolbar = 0\");</script>";
include_once('scheduling_timetable.php');

i would llike the first window to open and display to user first and then just run the second one, isnt possible to done that??

Velox Letum
01-10-2006, 01:52 AM
All PHP is run first unless you flush the output buffer. Even then, it sometimes waits. If you want to load the timetable first, perhaps load it into a hidden div and use a javascript call after the popup window opens to show it? I would recommend sticking to tried and true methods though, and not rely on javascript.

CstAn
01-10-2006, 07:01 AM
i had try the flush function but not more different that before, and i had set the output_buffering in php.ini to off alre then isnt the flush method not function in my server?

the result that i get when i run the upper code is it will prompt out a new window first but didnot any content on it and the new window will display when the second row of coding was finish run it.
isnt possible to make the first window display without care whether the second code was finish run or not?

Velox Letum
01-10-2006, 09:22 AM
If you don't care which one is loaded or not, your current code should work just fine.

CstAn
01-10-2006, 10:44 AM
If you don't care which one is loaded or not, your current code should work just fine.

ya, my current code was work fine, but i just want show out the loading msg to the user when the second pages was in loading. isnt possble to do for it?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum