View Full Version : Question about blogs

harlequin2k5
01-08-2006, 08:37 PM
Awhile back I had asked about how to make a blog and while I was at the office I think I signed up on blogspot (can't remember which one)

I've heard alot about wordpress and so many others and my question is this...

searching on google I came across a bajillion different blog sets and I noticed that they're all "hosted" - after going to a couple of these services I found that they are not necessarily private blogs - in other words others can not only see the blogs but also post to them

Please advise whether or not this is true for all blogs or if there is a way to keep a blog private - I don't mind if others read it but I definitely don't want anyone posting to it

Thanks for your time! :)

Graft-Creative
01-09-2006, 12:03 AM
Hi,

On my wordpress blog (if you can call it a blog, I can never think of ought to write lol) I have it set up so all comments are emailed to me first for approval (I think this is the default setting).

Gary

nikkiH
01-10-2006, 03:30 PM
Most open source blogs can be downloaded and installed on your host and you can set things like who has post, who can view, etc.
I use XOOPS (installed it on my host) and it has a blog module. I control who posts where, etc, for the CMS stuff, and you can do that for the blog portion, too.

My Blogger.com account (hosted elsewhere) also allows me to control who can post and whatnot.

We use Movable Type and phpBB at work and it's similar. You can set accounts and settings and whatnot.

zro@rtv
01-10-2006, 03:56 PM
on wordpress you couild disable commenting all together if you like, and it also has an option to make a post "private" so that others can not see it.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum