View Full Version : internal links...

01-07-2006, 01:29 AM
Will internal links work in php? like for an include? EG:

I have like 4 servers on my network and they are all paths after a domain but they have names(server1, serv...) and it would be alot easier to type include("http://server3/file.daf"); then some long path.
Also while writing this I came up with another question.
Say I have 2 servers(server1, and server2) Server 1 is on my network but server 2 is remotly hosted. I have an include on server2 that points to a file on server 1. That file is include.php In that file are includes to a dir on server 1.
My question is What is processed first? Will the dir be assumed to be on server1 or server2?
Sorry if I lost ya in that last one, and its not that important anyway, i was just wondering...

01-07-2006, 03:06 AM

would work assuming the computer @ .200 has a webserver running, note that you cant get the file source (of say php/perl etc) this way since the webserver will already have parsed them, to include php files for later processing you would want to access the network path \\network-server1\\files\\include.php

includes will be relative to the calling script , so if blah.php is on server4 then the script will look for relative paths on server4 , not 2 or 1 or 3 etc.

01-07-2006, 03:45 AM
ok thank you. I was just wondering, because I did it but have no way of testing it because the addresses would work for me anyway because they are on my network.