View Full Version : Can Anyone Help With Search Ranking?

mark87
01-04-2006, 11:19 AM
Normally the sites I build rank quite highly in a Google search, but one site is just driving me nuts and doesn't seem to want to be indexed!

http://www.accendo-dating.co.uk/

There's a good title, good content, (good?) named url, and hell, I even added in some meta tags for what it's worth, but still no luck.

This is when I'm searching 'accendo dating' which I would have thought would bring it up as one of the top results.

Can you see anything which may be preventing it (there is a robots.txt file but it's pointing to the 'secure' folder) ?

huss
01-04-2006, 11:44 AM
Sry man can't help you actuly i am interested in the resultz

Pennimus
01-04-2006, 11:49 AM
When did this site go live? MSN only indexed it on the 1st of this month (and then only 5 pages) and it's generally more active than Google. Note that Google knows no links to the site so it's entirely possible that it doesn't even know it exists yet. The site is ranked #1 for [accendo dating] in MSN.

Leave it a little longer for Google to find some links, or submit a Google Sitemap if you're desperate; I see no issues with the site itself.

- Adam

mark87
01-04-2006, 12:03 PM
It went live a good few months back (I think about September 2005).

Oh well, thanks, at least I know MSN is indexing it OK. :)

Pennimus
01-04-2006, 12:22 PM
Well, I would guess in that case that the site has only recently gained links, and those haven't been found by G yet. The only other thing might be some bad domain history, I assume it wasn't used for any other purpose before this site due to it not being very old but you never know :)

ronaldb66
01-04-2006, 02:35 PM
It might be me, but:

Googling for "Accendo dating (http://www.google.com/search?ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&q=accendo+dating)"... :o

mark87
01-04-2006, 02:40 PM
It might be me, but:

Googling for "Accendo dating (http://www.google.com/search?ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&q=accendo+dating)"... :o

?

The actual site isn't listed on Google, only pages linking to it.

Pennimus
01-05-2006, 12:18 AM
No, he's right. Apparently it's indexed on some data centres but not the one I use at work. In that case, I expect you will be able to see #1 positions for that term on all google searches within a matter of days.

Google.com where I am = #1 position, 5 pages indexed
Google.co.uk where I am = 0 pages indexed.

Good call Ronald :thumbsup:

ronaldb66
01-05-2006, 07:41 AM
Looks like you've nailed it: although the URL says ".com", being Dutch I'm redirected to a Dutch language version; this confirms your assumption.

Mark87,

A slight consolation maybe, but it's getting there, albeit slowly, and it's gonna rank high just as you expected! :thumbsup:

mark87
01-05-2006, 09:08 AM
Oh ok thanks lol, got a bit confused because it's not showing up for me even though it's on the .com address (but I'm in the UK?). Ah well, cheers.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum