View Full Version : ZoneAlarm & LAN

mark87
01-03-2006, 01:56 PM
I've been trying to set up a friends computer - and recommended he use a firewall such as ZoneAlarm. So I downloaded the Free version for him.

Before he was using a network cable to connect the main PC with his laptop to get the Internet on it, and to share the printer.

Now, with the main computer running ZoneAlarm I can't get the Internet working on the laptop until ZoneAlarm is turned off on the main computer (so it must be something to do with ZoneAlarm)!

I've added in 192.168.0.01-192.168.0.255 as 'trusted'. And I've even added his laptop name under host/site - clicked 'lookup' and it's found the laptop and the IP of it, and set that as trusted too. But still no luck.

Any ideas?

_Aerospace_Eng_
01-03-2006, 02:04 PM
ZoneAlarm has this feature of auto detecting new networks. You'll need to enable this feature. Its been so long since I've used it I can't remember where exactly its located at.

mark87
01-03-2006, 03:17 PM
Thanks, hmm well alot of Googling has revealed ICS doesn't work too well at all on the Free version. I'll try installing a Pro copy I have to see if that'll make a difference.

felgall
01-03-2006, 09:29 PM
To get the free version of ZoneAlarm to work with ICS you need to lower the security on the internet zone to medium in order for the other computers to be able to see the internet. The Pro version includes additional options to configure ZoneAlarm to work with ICS gateway or ICS client and so you can keep the security set to high on that version.

armyman
01-05-2006, 01:26 AM
dont put 01 like for mine i have set 192.168.2.1-192.168.2.6 also the firewall should be on medium

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum