View Full Version : How do I put form data into a database?

wdesign
01-03-2006, 02:30 AM
I would like to take the form data submitted on a web page and put it into a database besides having the data emailed to me like is currently the case. I don't know where to start on this. I've never set up a database. Once in the database how do I get that data to my computer?

Thanks

Ranger56
01-03-2006, 02:42 AM
I think this should be in the MySQL Forum

wdesign
01-03-2006, 02:51 AM
Thanks. I reposted it there? How do I delete this post?

Ranger56
01-03-2006, 02:57 AM
PM a mod and ask them to

soulfly
01-03-2006, 05:43 AM
hi wdesign,
I found this site really helpful for a newbie who's starting his/ her journey to a database community. It has lessons on installing Apache, PHP and MySQL. PHP tut, MySQL tut (which they've covered all the fundamentals and the advanced as well).

All the best. Oh, I forgot, I'm a newbie too. PHP and MySQL is really amazing and a superb combination.

Regards,
Soulfly

soulfly
01-03-2006, 05:43 AM
hi wdesign,
I found this site really helpful for a newbie who's starting his/ her journey to a database community. It has lessons on installing Apache, PHP and MySQL. PHP tut, MySQL tut (which they've covered all the fundamentals and the advanced as well).

http://www.php-mysql-tutorial.com/

All the best. Oh, I forgot, I'm a newbie too. PHP and MySQL is really amazing and a superb combination.

Regards,
Soulfly

cronic5
01-03-2006, 06:36 AM
hi wdesign,

http://www.php-mysql-tutorial.com/

Regards,
Soulfly

Soulfly rules.

And why are we not allowed to delete OUR own posts?

soulfly
01-03-2006, 07:18 AM
ask the PM. I'm not able to figure out why we aren't allowed to delete our post.

wdesign
01-03-2006, 01:42 PM
Thanks. Looks great!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum