View Full Version : Having problems validating one page

Stephen
01-03-2006, 01:19 AM
Hi there,

I'm currently having problem validating one page, here (http://www.stephendaly.co.uk/contact.html)

The validator says that there is an unncessesary </div> tag however when I remove this the layout screws up. I have not had any problem like this with the other pages. Any suggestions? :confused:

vinyl-junkie
01-03-2006, 02:28 AM
You have the tags in the wrong order on this statement:

<div id="buttons"><input type="submit" name="submit" id="submit" value="Submit"/></form></div></div>

Change it to this instead:

<div id="buttons"><input type="submit" name="submit" id="submit" value="Submit"/></div></form></div>

Stephen
01-03-2006, 02:44 AM
This page is not Valid XHTML 1.1!
Below are the results of checking this document for XML well-formedness and validity.

Error Line 58 column 101: end tag for "fieldset" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified.
..."submit" value="Submit"/></div></form></div>
You may have neglected to close an element, or perhaps you meant to "self-close" an element, that is, ending it with "/>" instead of ">".

Info Line 54 column 8: start tag was here.
<fieldset>

it still doesn't appear to be working, although it fixed 1 error

vinyl-junkie
01-03-2006, 02:51 AM
Sometimes, fixing one little thing fixes all the errors, but since I don't have access to your server, I just fixed one of the errors listed. ;)

So.... I think to fix the rest of it, you need to change this statement:

<div id="buttons"><input type="submit" name="submit" id="submit" value="Submit"/></div></form></div>

to this:

<div id="buttons"><input type="submit" name="submit" id="submit" value="Submit"/></div></fieldset></form></div>

Stephen
01-03-2006, 03:00 AM
Fixed! That's great thanks alot :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum