View Full Version : view-source feature

ken_shoti
12-31-2005, 11:17 AM
Hello
The VIEW-SOURCE feature can't function in my present browser unlike my previous IE browser.

Instead of having a opened notepad, i got a Page Cannot be displayed error, it seem to be treated as a html page.

<script>function viewsource() {window.location="view-source:"+document.location.href}</script>
<input type="button" onclick=viewsource() value="View">

I am currently using IE 6.0.

ImperialSpider
01-18-2006, 03:59 AM
clear out your cache, and cookies, restart your web browser, and try again...I put your code in, and it worked fine for me...I am also using IE 6.0 so your browser version should not be an issue.

You may also want to check to make sure that you still have Notepad listed in your start menu, sometimes when you uprade, the upgrade will change your settings, and could have removed notepad from your start menu.

If this is the case, you will need to re-add it. to do this you go into the control panel, click on add/remove programs, and click on the Windows setup tab, and select wordpad. This may require you to put in your Windows disk, but this should do the trick.

Hope this helps...

Imperial Spider

glenngv
01-18-2006, 05:18 AM
I am also using IE 6.0 so your browser version should not be an issue.
It is on IE on XP SP2. The view-source protocol for SP2 has been disabled. See this (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;904678) for more info.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum