View Full Version : wlsass.exe - Any Information? ZoneAlarm cataches it accessing WWW

crmpicco
12-30-2005, 12:36 PM
Has anyone got any information on wlsass.exe?

Google returns no matches.

ZoneAlarm catches it trying to access the internet, I have denied it both times. But can't find any info as to what it is???

Thanks.

Picco

:confused:

wabirdman
12-30-2005, 03:51 PM
Try doing a search on your pc for the wlsass.exe file and see where it resides. You might be able to get more of an idea of what its doing

JamieR
12-30-2005, 04:28 PM
1) I can't find anything about it on google
2) See what folder it's in and what websites it's trying to access and from what ports
3) Seeing as it has a similar filename to lsass.exe (the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service), I think it's malware.
4) Make sure you have fully patched your system with updates from Microsoft and then run a fully updated anti virus scan and spybot/adware scans.

Jamie.

k.petkov
01-03-2006, 10:52 AM
Hi, I killed wlsass.exe day before yesterday.
Wlsass.exe resides in your %systemroot% or %systemroot%\system32 directory (I don't remember). Remove it. Then start regedit and search string "wlsass.exe". Delete all its registrations.

JamieR
01-03-2006, 11:26 AM
Do you have any ideas what it is? It sounds like malware to me.

k.petkov
01-03-2006, 11:42 AM
Do you have any ideas what it is? It sounds like malware to me.
I find it on the computer with just made fresh OS instalation and after first surfing. There aren't firewall (XP SP1) nor some antivirus package...
I couldn't FIND useful information about it...

_Aerospace_Eng_
01-03-2006, 11:49 AM
It sounds like its for something that is wireless, for what though not sure. Though I recently reformatted with Windows XP SP2 and I don't appear to have wlsass.exe on my system at all.

k.petkov
01-03-2006, 12:03 PM
PC was powered with CityLAN Internet. It's incubator for viruses :) That why I decided to cure it.

JamieR
01-03-2006, 01:27 PM
Yeah but if it was something do with wireless or a known program, then I would have thought that people would know about it. Google returned 0 results the other day, and now just has indexed this thread twice.

k.petkov
01-04-2006, 10:20 AM
Look at wlsass.exe date creation ;)

k.petkov
01-04-2006, 10:41 AM
Important!!! I found something:
http://www.superadblocker.com/spywarenewlyadded.html
http://www.superadblocker.com/W/WLSASS.EXE-6866.html

crmpicco
01-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Summary : Trojan.WLSASS/32.Process

Company : Unknown

Description : Trojan.WLSASS/32.Process

Trojans are programs that can appear to serve a legitimate purpose but actually have an unwanted or harmful effect.

A large segment of trojan programs download other harmful software components to a user's PC without his/her knowledge.

This application is most likely downloaded and installed by another application that is considered to be adware or spyware.

Threat Level (1-10) : 8

Processes : WLSASS.EXE

It was trying to access the WWW with me and ZA caught it, i have now removed it.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum