View Full Version : .Swf

Pavel_htm_lover
12-22-2005, 03:35 AM
What is the code for using a .swf file like for a banner or something?

_Aerospace_Eng_
12-22-2005, 04:23 AM
I'm guessing you are asking how to put a swf on a page.

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="yourflash.swf" width="400" height="300">
<param name="movie" value="yourflash.swf">
</object>
Adjust the height and width to your liking.

Pavel_htm_lover
12-22-2005, 01:01 PM
Exactly thx bud:thumbsup:

Masterslave
12-22-2005, 01:48 PM
You can also use the embed tags.

<embed src="images/yourflash.swf" width="100" height="100" />

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the embed tags were for IE or Firefox. I had problems with IE and Firefox with Flash because the both are using different tags for Flash.

mark87
12-22-2005, 02:04 PM
The embed tag is deprecated.

TheShaner
12-22-2005, 03:03 PM
<embed> was introduced by Netscape if I'm correct. Like Mark said, it's deprecated. The best method is AE's code. However, as in the article i'm about to post, it mentions that IE will wait to load the entire flash movie before playing it, which can be a bit annoying if you have a big flash movie. So there's an easy work around that just requires you to have a container flash movie load the actual movie. That way, IE loads the container which is very small and the container flash is set to stream the actual movie. There is also the problem of not prompting for a Flash update since you leave out the codebase attribute. Def. not a big deal, but there's also a little tip on what to do for that also in the article. Hope it helps.

Resource:
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/flashsatay/

-Shane

Masterslave
12-22-2005, 03:10 PM
Nice article on alistapart. I was a bit right with the embed tag. Very interesting article. :thumbsup:

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum