View Full Version : iframe scrollbars

johnnybananas
12-22-2005, 04:20 AM
Can anyone help me get rid of iframe scrollbars on specific pages on my website

The basic structure is this: I have my main page with links at the top and an iframe below. Those links when clicked on trigger a corresponding "html content page" to the iframe window below. So when you arrive on my site you are initially viewing "Our Band" page but the iframe seems invisible to the viewer. Now, here's the issue I want resolved..

If you were to click on the "Biographies" link, 2 scrollbars now appear on the iframe; 1 vertical and 1 horizontal. That's what I don't want - scrollbars!! If you were to click on the "Photos" link, however, those scrollbars would be okay since I need people to see my pictures.

I have tried the following 3 options on the iframe code.

1) scrolling="auto" >> this is what its currently set to
2) scrolling="yes" >> if I set it to yes, the scrollbars appear everywhere
3) scrolling="no" >> if I set it to no, no scrollbars would appear, but then viewers can't see my other pictures below on the "Photos" link

<iframe src="iframe.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" name="theEye" width="800" height="600" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" hspace="0" vspace="0" frameborder="0">

Here are the pages I want scrollbars on:

Photos, Community, Guestbook

Here are the pages I don't want scrollbars to be on:

Our band, Biographies, Audio, Contact

Been reading several tutorials online and haven't found an answer. Those anyone know how to solve this issue or, can anyone recommend a better coding structure to accomplish the same look/layout?

Thanks.

_Aerospace_Eng_
12-22-2005, 04:23 AM
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/iframessi2.htm

Styles2304
12-22-2005, 04:02 PM
That link is the way I did it. You can see some of that at work here: http://www.nestent.net/ I don't know if that's the effect you're going for but the left side, middle, and right side are each iframes. They stretch with the content. Saves loading time big because most of that info is just text.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum