View Full Version : problem centering

thesavior
12-22-2005, 02:48 AM
im trying to center the bottom row of my website, which right now just happens to have google ads in them. My problem, is that it doesn't completely center, i need it to be in the exact center of the page, but it is being thrown off by the right column.

Link here: http://www.lonelylizard.com/~eli/index.php

_Aerospace_Eng_
12-22-2005, 02:52 AM
It is centered, its just that your right column isn't as wide as your left column.

harbingerOTV
12-22-2005, 02:56 AM
try adding clear:both to your .copy. since the left and right bars are floated left and right respectivly, the footer needs to clear them both to stay at the bottom.

thesavior
12-22-2005, 02:56 AM
duh :eek: , now my other question, is how can i get it to appear below my other columns.

Example just to make myself clear: If i was to put a hr before my horz ads, i want it to go all the way accross the page and not hit either of the columns.

Reason being, im going to put a background and some disclaimers down there.

harbingerOTV
12-22-2005, 02:59 AM
same way. in your html jsut put it after your left/rigt/center columns. width:100% it and clear:both it.

_Aerospace_Eng_
12-22-2005, 03:03 AM
Heh, I have google ads blocked, which is why I didn't see the problem because I viewed your site in IE, forgot IE doesn't really care about clearing stuff.:eek:

thesavior
12-22-2005, 03:22 AM
why are you blocking google ads? you never click on them to like support codingforums and stuff?

*edit, the ads aren't centered now*

_Aerospace_Eng_
12-22-2005, 03:30 AM
Sure only on sites I visit often but people sometimes put way too many and they get annoying but I also have the FF noscript extension.

thesavior
12-22-2005, 03:48 AM
ok, the ads aren't centered right now, i haven't changed anything, but the ads don't appear centered on the bottom anymore, they are just all the way to the left.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum