PDA

View Full Version : problem centering

thesavior
12-22-2005, 01:48 AM
im trying to center the bottom row of my website, which right now just happens to have google ads in them. My problem, is that it doesn't completely center, i need it to be in the exact center of the page, but it is being thrown off by the right column.

Link here: http://www.lonelylizard.com/~eli/index.php

_Aerospace_Eng_
12-22-2005, 01:52 AM
It is centered, its just that your right column isn't as wide as your left column.

harbingerOTV
12-22-2005, 01:56 AM
try adding clear:both to your .copy. since the left and right bars are floated left and right respectivly, the footer needs to clear them both to stay at the bottom.

thesavior
12-22-2005, 01:56 AM
duh :eek: , now my other question, is how can i get it to appear below my other columns.

Example just to make myself clear: If i was to put a hr before my horz ads, i want it to go all the way accross the page and not hit either of the columns.

Reason being, im going to put a background and some disclaimers down there.

harbingerOTV
12-22-2005, 01:59 AM
same way. in your html jsut put it after your left/rigt/center columns. width:100% it and clear:both it.

_Aerospace_Eng_
12-22-2005, 02:03 AM
Heh, I have google ads blocked, which is why I didn't see the problem because I viewed your site in IE, forgot IE doesn't really care about clearing stuff.:eek:

thesavior
12-22-2005, 02:22 AM
why are you blocking google ads? you never click on them to like support codingforums and stuff?

*edit, the ads aren't centered now*

_Aerospace_Eng_
12-22-2005, 02:30 AM
Sure only on sites I visit often but people sometimes put way too many and they get annoying but I also have the FF noscript extension.

thesavior
12-22-2005, 02:48 AM
ok, the ads aren't centered right now, i haven't changed anything, but the ads don't appear centered on the bottom anymore, they are just all the way to the left.