View Full Version : web design software?

codingnoob
12-19-2005, 11:26 PM
anyone known how many web design software in general?

like MS frontpage, dreamweaver, and others. i need to know so i can research them and pick the best one to buy.

JamieR
12-19-2005, 11:49 PM
It depends on your level of web expertise. If you're a fairly proficient coder in XHTML/CSS, you're not going to choose Frontpage to code a website - you'd choose a text editor like Crimson editor or Scite...

How much web development expertise do you have? I recommend Macromedia Dreamweaver 8 in any case.

_Aerospace_Eng_
12-19-2005, 11:49 PM
It depends. Are you going to be hand coding or do you want a WYSIWYG (drag and drop) editor?

codingnoob
12-20-2005, 07:43 PM
How much web development expertise do you have?

I know enuf to start an acceptable website.

i know html and a bit about css and learning dhtml, java script and other language.

I recommend Macromedia Dreamweaver 8 in any case.

Dreamweaver 8 sounds great but my system only runs 98se. until i upgrade my system to xp i will try it. right now im only using softwares that my system can handle.

It depends. Are you going to be hand coding or do you want a WYSIWYG (drag and drop) editor?

im looking for a software that will give me WYSIWYG/hard coding or either one. i want to get all the names of the web designing/creating software so i can decide what to get.

thanks again for the responds :thumbsup:

Scootertaj
12-21-2005, 12:25 AM
If you're a fairly proficient coder in XHTML/CSS, you're not going to choose Frontpage to code a website
Not exactly correct, I know many coders that use hardcode in FrontPage.
I don't, but many do and use XHTML / CSS valid sites.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum