View Full Version : Help: Making a Form

MarvinHalliwell
12-19-2005, 09:05 AM
Hello all,

i am currently making a form for my radio and a contact us form.

With the radio one, i the form to send the entered details to a Database were a dj can log in and check it. Is this possible?
(Like request songs)

and the contact form i have made an attempt but i do not recieve the entered details from people that have entered;
www.lcarsdatabase.net/contactus
^thats my attempt

Can anyone help please
thanks - Marvin

ronaldb66
12-19-2005, 09:49 AM
The form submits to a cgi script for handling it; what does that do? Your problem probably lies in said script.

MarvinHalliwell
12-19-2005, 09:50 AM
Oh, well is there another script i can use?

ausnrl
12-19-2005, 09:56 AM
Marvin

If in your code it says the cgi link you must have one beacuse that is the control centre of the script.

ausnrl

ronaldb66
12-19-2005, 10:00 AM
A form handler script is tailor made to handle a particular form and process the form data in a particular way; you cannot just use any old script.

What server side scripting languages does your hosting provider support? Nowadays, many provide PHP, and a--simple--form handler could be written in PHP without too much hassle. Since you already indicated you want to store the submitted data in a database of sorts: what database solutions are available?

MarvinHalliwell
12-19-2005, 10:06 AM
Nono I just want a form that sends the information to my email for the top one, for the radio one could i use MSQL database?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum