View Full Version : Can a cursor be slowed down using Javascript?

friendlyface
12-17-2005, 02:43 PM
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if a cursor can be slowed down on a Web page and if anyone knew of any cursor warping techniques that could be used with Javascript. I am trying to develop a web site for people with low vision so require a technique to slow the cursor down on the screen using a force-feedback mouse, to allow them to have smooth guidance on a screen. No malicious use of warping would be made. If anyone has any ideas using javascript or any other software, could they please either post or PM me? Full details of the research project will be made available on request.

Thanks.

GJay
12-17-2005, 04:15 PM
If they want a slow cursor, why wouldn't they have set up their OS to do it?
(giving instructions on how to do so would be a better idea imo)

rmedek
12-17-2005, 10:49 PM
You could have elements on the page that react to the mouse cursor, but as far as affecting the cursor itself, that would be up to the OS. (Obviously, a webpage with the ability to affect system-specific settings would be A Bad Thing. :))

friendlyface
12-18-2005, 06:27 PM
Hi Guys

Thanks for your posts. Unfortunately the force-feedback mouse cursor doesn't seem to respond to the cursor speed option in Control Panel on Windows. That was why I was wondering about techniques in Javascript - if anyone has any ideas, please do let me know?

Thanks

jbot
12-19-2005, 10:30 AM
I was wondering about techniques in Javascript - if anyone has any ideas, please do let me know?

cannot be done at all. move on, nothing to see here :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum