View Full Version : Disappearing <iframe> in IE

Osiris
12-17-2005, 08:54 AM
Alright, me with a problem in IE again... *grumbles something about a standards non-compliant piece of ***** This time, it's an HTML/CSS/frames problem. In my web app, I'm using iframes to show different things all at once to both minimize bandwidth usage and to keep the user as up-to-date as possible. My layout looks something like this:

+----------------------------+
| Toolbar Frame |
| |
| |
| Content Frame |
| |
| |
| | User |
| Chat View | List |
+-------------------| |
| "Say" Frame | Frame |

Well, it all shows up just fine in FF, of course, but in IE, the user list frame just... Disappears. :confused: Here's a link to an HTML example:

http://www.trinityservers.com/test_thing.html

As you'll see, the frame shows up just fine in Firefox, but once you switch over to IE, it's just... Gone.

Help, please?

_Aerospace_Eng_
12-17-2005, 09:01 AM
Its there but IE is having a problem with the percentage height. Add this in between your head tags.

<style type="text/css">
html, body {
margin:0;
padding:0;
height:100%;
}
</style>
The iframe now shows up but makes it huge, but now you have something to work with.

Osiris
12-17-2005, 09:35 PM
In the head tags of which document, though? Keep in mind that the page holds several documents at once. :P

Osiris
12-17-2005, 11:56 PM
Ok. I tried, and while it worked for the example, it didn't when I tried to put it in the actual site, it didn't work at all. =( Any other ideas?

_Aerospace_Eng_
12-17-2005, 11:59 PM
In the head tags for the main document not the iframe pages. Personally I think you are abusing iframes, you might as well use a frameset.

Osiris
12-18-2005, 12:03 AM
I can't use a frameset, because I'd just have to put the frameset in an iframe... As you'll see here in a second. I have another example with the design set in:

http://www.trinityservers.com/test_thing2.html

Seeing that, now do you get what I mean?

Osiris
12-18-2005, 08:35 PM
Still in need of some help... I can't seem to figure out at all how to fix it. Nothing I've tried has done any good whatsoever. :( There's got to be someone who can help me out here... Please? I'll give you a cookie. =P

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum