View Full Version : Blog on Your site??

12-15-2005, 01:38 AM
Is there a way you can put a blog on your site (like where people can leave comments?) If so how:confused:

12-15-2005, 01:40 AM
By installing something like Wordpress or TextPattern..what type of server side language support does your server have? If your server doesn't support Server side languages or whatever, you can use something like Blogger.

Where you say comments, do you mean people commenting on posts you've made or just on your site? if the latter then you're after a guestbook and not a blog.

12-15-2005, 01:40 AM
www.blogspot.com allows you to use their software on your own site, or possible Cute News (http://cutephp.com), a similar blogging system that doesn't require mysql, it uses flat files e.g text files to store its comments, it has an admin panel to.

What are the odds of two posts at the same time on the same thread...

12-15-2005, 01:42 AM
What are the odds of two posts at the same time on the same thread...

Indeed :D

12-15-2005, 01:47 AM
i've been messin aroud with this lately... its super simple, (probably not the most secure thing either, but prolly not 2 risky)...

ripping it apart has really helpped me in my learning of php, also.

12-15-2005, 01:51 AM
I dont like using programs like that but its my preference, what I have done in the past, is write it manually... and then I used Halo Scan Commenting Service for people to post comments.. personally I think thats easier.. but what you decide is up to you.. its your site..

12-15-2005, 02:08 AM
Thanks alot!! I think im going with newbirds idea....(btw how do u log someones ip when they enter the site)