View Full Version : Portfolio Site (rlemon.com) -> review 'scripts'

rlemon
12-14-2005, 04:33 AM
please review http://rlemon.com/?p=scripts

http://www.rlemon.com/

please review

note: still under construction - changes being made constantly - so if you get a fatal error hit refresh and hopefully i've fixed it (i won't let any bugs like that idle).

Ranger56
12-14-2005, 05:21 AM
Sure are alot of laptops...

NancyJ
12-14-2005, 08:16 AM
Wow, thats a big change. Are those your final images or just place holders? It looks very 'corporate homepage'. Dont get me wrong, its a very nice design but I dont think it really says 'personal portfolio'.

_Aerospace_Eng_
12-14-2005, 08:27 AM
It looks okay. I like the background image, did you make that yourself? You have some errors in your coding. When you declare values for widths and heights in HTML you don't need to put the units, the default is pixels. You also put tile in some of your images, I think you meant to put title. Tables for web design, hmm, well I'm sure you know how I feel about that. Aww javascript for an image rollover. It can be done in CSS you know.

bpeh
12-14-2005, 12:14 PM
hi,

yeah looks very corporate. Are you the one guy in the pic?? I thought the black mouse over is abit offensive...other than that, great navigation.

rlemon
12-14-2005, 03:02 PM
The site is spossed to look corperate - that was the idea.

i'm aware of the fact all the pictures have laptops. well my girlfriend powered down my pc and set me back like 2 hours of work last night - so those are the best pictures i could find in the time i had - they will change - but for now we'll just have to put up with them. (i'm looking for a closeup of a computer screen for the blog feed image and a person with a forsale sign on them for the projects/promotions image)

rlemon
12-14-2005, 04:16 PM
the images have been changed. :thumbsup:

rlemon
12-14-2005, 05:56 PM
hi,

yeah looks very corporate. Are you the one guy in the pic?? I thought the black mouse over is abit offensive...other than that, great navigation.

what exactly do you mean by "offensive"??

the rollover images are simply inverts of the regular images

changed

Pennimus
12-14-2005, 11:16 PM
If this is the same site as one I remember critiquing before then :thumbsup: it's a big improvement.

What's the deal with the windows icons though? I suppose they make sense after rolling over them, but I'm not sure copying microsofts designs does anything for your credibility as a designer, and apart from anything else they will just annoy mac users :D

rlemon
12-15-2005, 03:46 AM
If this is the same site as one I remember critiquing before then :thumbsup: it's a big improvement.

What's the deal with the windows icons though? I suppose they make sense after rolling over them, but I'm not sure copying microsofts designs does anything for your credibility as a designer, and apart from anything else they will just annoy mac users :D

they are free - you want to make me some new ones? :P

i know and i will replace them once i can get my hands on an icon maker - i suck with icons and the guy who usually does these things for me is "too busy"

rlemon
12-16-2005, 05:34 PM
Update summary:

Images have been changed as per comments

Headings have been added to the images

Images are linked to the corresponding text (note, the whitespace between is not linked)

Code is all properlly indented *for debugging*

Image fade functions work properly

To Do Next:

Finish blog so i can create the trackback from my site.

install CMS system (xml based)

install Script Repository (xml based)

hopefully I can have that done by the new year - then i need to finish the nitty gritty of the rest of the pages.

check back again soon - and when i have something 'showable' i will post a link to the blog.

rlemon
12-19-2005, 04:48 PM
Breadcrumbs are done - that was a huge pain in the @$$:mad:

rlemon
12-20-2005, 04:29 AM
scripts section is almost 100%.

please review http://rlemon.com/?p=scripts

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum