View Full Version : ad sense...

Coastal Web
12-13-2005, 04:02 AM
Hola folks, quick question...
Which route do you think is better with google adsense?

cost-per-click (CPC) or cost-per-1000-impressions (CPM)?

I'm completely new to advertising on any of my sites, and wasn't sure which would be more effective... The site l plan on using the adsense gets approximately 1 - 2,000 unique visitors per day, and it's only topic is photoshop for webdesign. Any suggestions would be welcome! :D

Samantha Gram

ausnrl
12-13-2005, 04:22 AM
is there an option to change to CPC instead of ECPM?

Pennimus
12-14-2005, 01:24 PM
image adverts pay you on a CPM basis, text ads on a per click basis. In theory, if you choose to display image ads OR text ads in your ad units, Google will display the most lucrative choice anyway.

The best thing to do is test both.

NancyJ
12-14-2005, 01:34 PM
IMO, CPC is the best to start with. It costs you nothing if no-one clicks through.
If you find you're getting a high click through rate then you might want to weigh up the cost of CPM vs what you're paying for CPC.

Pennimus
12-15-2005, 10:06 AM
Nancy, she wasn't taking about adwords, rather about adsense, which of course costs you nothing ;)

ausnrl
12-15-2005, 10:51 AM
well how do you choose CPC instead of CPM?

Pennimus
12-15-2005, 01:45 PM
image adverts pay you on a CPM basis, text ads on a per click basis

Ergo, if you want CPM you choose image ads.

ausnrl
12-15-2005, 10:30 PM
but wat if you have text and image ads?

trancedm
12-17-2005, 02:13 AM
but wat if you have text and image ads?

you will have an option to choose either both text and image ads, text ads only or image ads only

@Samantha Gram
google adsense is CPC and is definately the way to go, if you want to join a CPM type network then i suggest fastclick or casale media, since you are getting 1-2k uniques a day should it give you a pretty decent income, you could also try tribal fusion but they are very strict and you better have a really active and rich content website

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum