View Full Version : Hard Drive E Dissapeared

Element
12-12-2005, 02:26 AM
Umm... So I was installing The Sims Double Delux edition and after it failed to install on drive D I uninstalled it and restarted, upon restarting Windows 98 SE explained the network or drive couldn't be contacted or something and to check if its properly inserted. Well I know it considering its light signalling it is working is on.

Why can't Windows 98 suddenly find my Drive E? Any ideas? It is no where in windows and I don't know what the type of drive is to install it.

oracleguy
12-12-2005, 02:58 AM
So you had a hard drive with the drive letter E and it is now no longer there? Was its own hard drive or was it a partition on a drive shared with one or more other partitions?

Element
12-12-2005, 04:11 AM
I couldn't say for sure. There are three drives installed right now, one of which is labeled "Host for C (H: )" and then C and D. I assume E was a drive of it own considering its compacity and the level of compacity for drives of this year. (1997)

I couldn't find anything on the computer but maybe you can. The hard drive set up was default for the machine so it should be in the PCs stats if you can find anything on it.

Toshiba Infinia 7230

Also, some icons that were located in the E drive are still being display where as other shortcuts have reverted to to the default Windows icon or the EXE icon.

JamieR
12-12-2005, 10:17 AM
If it's an actual drive and not a partition on drive with other partitions, is it detected in the BIOS?

Element
12-12-2005, 06:23 PM
If it's an actual drive and not a partition on drive with other partitions, is it detected in the BIOS?

It was, though now it only shows two drives bewcaus H (Host for C) is a partition I believe cause it only has like 500mb.

Element
12-15-2005, 12:02 AM
If Drive E was a partition, where under C or D can I find the partitions data?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum