View Full Version : Content Writer Available

Trojanfan
12-11-2005, 08:27 AM
Hello,

My name is Brandon. I am a freelance content writer who has done work for a wide range of topics and web sites. Normally my work consists of movie/game reviews, feature articles, finance/business related, hosting (apache, cpanel, introductions, etc.), copywrite, humor, and lifestyle articles. However, I pride myself on being concise, using a unique style, and appealing to readers and therefore I believe I can handle any topic. I have excellent grammar and spelling skills. I have been writing since I was a child, but only for the past three years have I been doing paid work in the freelance field.

My rates are extremely flexible however I generally prefer $0.02 to $0.03 per word at the base minimum depending on the type of article. Over time, as I prove myself to the employer, I do hope for additional payment for articles. Price reductions will be given for large orders of articles.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions. I have plenty of examples available and they can be e-mailed to you at any time for your reference.

Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Brandon

Pennimus
12-11-2005, 09:10 AM
Do you know anything about skateboarding?

Trojanfan
12-11-2005, 09:31 AM
Yes, used to do a little bit of it when I was younger. Was never very good though, just decided to stick to sports instead.
:P

Trojanfan
12-17-2005, 03:57 AM
anyone else interested?

Username
12-18-2005, 07:57 PM
I'm still awaiting payment for the chatgroove.com postings. You haven't even replied to the topic...

Trojanfan
12-18-2005, 08:36 PM
Sorry, don't visit here very often and didn't subscribe to that thread, I didn't even know it was still around. You should have e-mailed me at megagamer@dslextreme.com. Please do so with your username on the chatgroove forums and your paypal e-mail and I'll pay you after I check the posts.

Trojanfan
12-22-2005, 06:28 PM
Anybody else interested?

Trojanfan
12-30-2005, 08:51 PM
Last bump if no more interest

nerdbyte
12-30-2005, 11:17 PM
Can I have a link to see a portfolio?

Trojanfan
12-30-2005, 11:34 PM
sorry, don't have a portfolio online. But I can e-mail you past examples of my work.

rmedek
12-31-2005, 03:06 AM
I would suggest you take care of your previous business before taking some of your own:

http://codingforums.com/showthread.php?t=71923

Trojanfan
12-31-2005, 06:29 AM
You should read my newest thread about that, everything has been worked out

Username
01-02-2006, 12:56 AM
I wanted to confirm I have received payment for the chatgroove.com postings in this topic along with the original offering topic since I mentioned it earlier. Happy New Year everyone.

brothercake
01-02-2006, 05:24 PM
2c per word? So you'd take on a 1,000 word article for $20?

Trojanfan
01-05-2006, 11:53 PM
$0.02 to $0.03, yes. It depends on the topic and amount of research involved in writing the article.

Trojanfan
01-14-2006, 05:50 PM
any more interest?

brothercake
01-15-2006, 10:10 AM
It's too cheap - I would be expecting to pay 10 or 20 times that much - between $200 and $400 for a 1,000 word article for online publication.

I don't really understand how you can offer these services so cheap, and that makes me wonder about the quality of your work.

Trojanfan
01-15-2006, 05:17 PM
Not sure how many writers you've worked with or what kind of sites you run, but most website content isn't that profitable and people don't pay 30 cents for every single word. My rates of 2 to 3 cents a word are extremely competitive right now. Some writers write for even less, that is why things have to be kept low. I have never heard of pay that high unless you are talking about magazine or newspaper writing which is completely different.

missing-score
01-15-2006, 08:48 PM
Not sure how many writers you've worked with or what kind of sites you run, but most website content isn't that profitable and people don't pay 30 cents for every single word. My rates of 2 to 3 cents a word are extremely competitive right now. Some writers write for even less, that is why things have to be kept low. I have never heard of pay that high unless you are talking about magazine or newspaper writing which is completely different.
I think it depends kind of people you are working with. Myself, I wouldnt think of paying $20 for a 1000 word article, I'd rather pay $200 and know I was getting the best service available.

Trojanfan
01-15-2006, 11:47 PM
And I definitely wouldn't mind doing that, but a writer needs work and it's basically impossible to find those kinds of buyers

brothercake
01-16-2006, 02:59 PM
I have never heard of pay that high unless you are talking about magazine or newspaper writing which is completely different.
I base the rates I'm quoting (and the rates I charge myself for this kind of work) on the average rates from NUJ members (National Union of Journalists, in the UK). For eg: http://media.gn.apc.org/rates/w1000onl.html In fact for print the rates are higher still - twice as much again for newspaper or magazine writing.

By way of comparison you could look at a commercial article-driven site like Sitepoint - they typically offer around $250 for a feature article, and that's not bad, but it's not great.

Either way, rates are paid by bulk, not per word; no online editor I've met cares to that level of detail how many words you write, they want "about" 1,000. Specific word length hasn't mattered that much since the days when typesetting involved lots of bits of metal!

I mean fair enough, if you think it's worth your while to do work at this kind of rate, that's up to you. But personally I wouldn't see it's worth it - I mean, how long does 1,000 words take? Even if you rushed through it at lightning speed on a subject you knew chapter and verse, that's still 2-3 hours work just to get it down - you could earn more working at McDonalds.

Trojanfan
01-16-2006, 05:24 PM
That's very interesting, however, as I said, I need to make money and since I have never found anyone willing to pay those rates, I take what I can get. I wouldn't make anything if I sat around for years and never got a writing job because no one hired me if I asked for rates like that.

Quality obviously depends on price. Naturally, pay like you mentioned would receive much more attention to detail and standard pay for articles means the article would still be well written but wouldn't be run through with a fine toothed comb.

Trojanfan
01-22-2006, 07:50 PM
any further interest?

Trojanfan
01-28-2006, 05:34 PM
last bump if no more interest

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum