View Full Version : Google Adsense

ausnrl
12-10-2005, 06:36 AM
I have a few questions about google ads.
With the Google adsense Search is it effective? I get around 1000 visits a month on my site and i would like to know with google adsense SEARCH how much i would get from that?

With google adsense content how much do you basicly get per click of the ad?

thanks

firepages
12-10-2005, 07:30 AM
how much you get is a bit of a black art in itself , per click costs seem to vary depending on factors I don't understand :)

1000 visits a month is not going to do much I am afraid... however it costs you nothing to find out~

ausnrl
12-10-2005, 10:11 AM
how much you get is a bit of a black art in itself , per click costs seem to vary depending on factors I don't understand :)

1000 visits a month is not going to do much I am afraid... however it costs you nothing to find out~

well its always different i just put down as a basis. i usually get 1000-3000

WA
12-10-2005, 11:09 AM
The rate per click varies wildly depending on the topic of your site, plus a whole bunch of other factors. I don't think anyone can tell how you beforehand how much you can make- best way is just to try it and see. :) For example, Google Adsense on CF just about covers the server cost, sometimes months more. I could have implemented Google Search as well, but I dislike having to display a Google logo alongside the search box (per their usage terms), so I opted just to use Google's search (http://www.codingforums.com/search.php) on CF without the revenue program.

ausnrl
12-10-2005, 12:15 PM
The rate per click varies wildly depending on the topic of your site, plus a whole bunch of other factors. I don't think anyone can tell how you beforehand how much you can make- best way is just to try it and see. :) For example, Google Adsense on CF just about covers the server cost, sometimes months more. I could have implemented Google Search as well, but I dislike having to display a Google logo alongside the search box (per their usage terms), so I opted just to use Google's search (http://www.codingforums.com/search.php) on CF without the revenue program.

So content ads are also good in a way? I just did the seach box. After registering is there a way of getting content ads? I thought the search box would earn in more money because people are searching on your site and if mulitiple links come up you will earn more money cause they will click on multiple links!

WA
12-10-2005, 12:26 PM
If you've been accepted into Google Adsense you should be able to put up both content and search ads. It's all accessible within the control panel. I can't say whether content ads are better than search ads, since I haven't tried the later, but again, the best way to find out is give both a try.

ausnrl
12-12-2005, 08:10 AM
Wa how long did it take them to reply to you?

WA
12-12-2005, 08:55 AM
Wa how long did it take them to reply to you?

Hmmm it was quite a long time ago, though I'd say within a couple of days.

ausnrl
12-13-2005, 12:40 AM
So WA which is more effective money wise for u image ads or text ads i just wanna no caus i got accepted!

PS what template did you have to edit to get the ads down the right hand side?

Mindelude
12-13-2005, 02:26 AM
I know words that pay up to $60 a click!

The lowest ones are about 0.13 cents.

ausnrl
12-13-2005, 03:26 AM
I know words that pay up to $60 a click!

The lowest ones are about 0.13 cents.

really what ones PM Me please!

FaR_ElitE
12-18-2005, 04:54 AM
whoa, pm them to me too

trancedm
12-18-2005, 03:10 PM
insurance, loans, mesothelioma, hair laser removal.. all high paying keywords but it will be hard to build rich content site if you know nothing about them...

hdtvtechno
01-01-2006, 12:41 AM
insurance, loans, mesothelioma, hair laser removal.. all high paying keywords but it will be hard to build rich content site if you know nothing about them...

LOL;)

nerdbyte
01-01-2006, 12:58 AM
Just give it a little trial for a couple of months :thumbsup:

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum