View Full Version : there is no disc in the drive. Please insert a writable CD into frive E:\

armyman
12-07-2005, 08:53 PM
i ways get the message there is no disc in the drive. Please insert a writable CD into frive E:\ and then says what kinda files i can use and im useing cd-rw and i cant out files on to the cd but i can take them off any 1 know whats up im getting really mad cuse i need to back stuff up!:( i run on windows xp home edtion service pack 2

missing-score
12-08-2005, 12:12 AM
I know this might sound stupid, but are you sure you have a write/re-write capable CD drive?

Also, did any CD's come with your CD drive? I had to copy an installation file from a CD that came with my drive before it could burn CD's.

armyman
12-08-2005, 01:33 AM
yea on the drive it says dvd+r dl then next to it it says dvd+rw there was no disk it was working for about a year till it wouldent work then i tryed to put a diffrnt 1 in from a diffrent computer and it says the same thing in the J: drive

SteelValor
12-08-2005, 02:19 PM
There is probably a "Files waiting to be written" balloon popup when you first boot. Click on that when it happens the click "Delete these temp files" and you should be ok.

armyman
12-08-2005, 10:23 PM
no cuse there use to be and i deleated them

armyman
12-10-2005, 09:32 PM
any 1 else know anything???

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum