View Full Version : Removable Storage , C drive ~

12-06-2005, 08:03 AM
I get this from time to time with SATA drives.

I just put a 200GB Samsung SATAII drive in a new Epox nForce4 board, all is funky except that the C & D drives (I partitioned the 200Gb drive in half) both show up as removable storage in the task bar , this means I assume that anyone could easily `remove` the root drive.

I looked in disk management but there the drive is not marked as removable ... any ideas how to stop them showing up in the removable storage applet ?

12-07-2005, 05:40 AM
Thats really odd.. I know some frontpanel add ons have SATA ports, but it seems odd that root hard drives are showing up as removable :S

07-01-2006, 05:28 AM
Hi, I am having the same problem with my SATA drive, how did you resolve your problem? How can I remove my SATA drive from removable storage list? Thanks.

07-01-2006, 01:20 PM
I think ;) in the bios, truth be told I messed around in bios and windows and the problem went away but I don't know which actually `cured` it :(

07-01-2006, 09:03 PM
If by any chance you remember, can you pls let me know. I tried everything possible in Bios and it did not resolve my problem.
I think it is Windows but I still have not figured it out, I checked removable storage information on MS website and it did not help much. I tried google and nothing, I am running out of places to look at.... Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.