View Full Version : Help Web Page

TR_Twiggy
12-06-2005, 05:52 AM
Ok, my friends and I have decided to put togather a web page to put videos and pictures and pretty much just something to have fun with. I wanted to know what would I need in order to allow people to download videos and to allow my friends and family back home in the states to be able to access my pictures from the web via ftp. I checked out that webhost posted in another post and it looked pretty good, but i have never had a web page and I don't really know what I would need. I would also like to add a forum to it Possibly.

ronaldb66
12-06-2005, 09:23 AM
Things like file uploads, forums and such are most easily accomplished with a server side scripting language, and possibly but not necessarily a database.

PHP is widely available and offered by many hosting providers because it's an open source language, and several sources around the web provide turnkey solutions for forums using PHP and a MySQL or other database (again, MySQL is offered by many providers, and the PHP/MySQL combo is very popular for that reason).

TR_Twiggy
12-06-2005, 11:58 AM
Thank you I have looked into that and it doesn't look too bad.

Rocket Boy
12-07-2005, 02:09 PM
If you are new to all this, like me, I would recommend just having people email pics and videos to you in order to get your site up and running (as I am STILL doing lol) and then work on the automaton as a matter of course and to provide upgrades for your visitors. :thumbsup:

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum