View Full Version : Javascript and VBscript no longer functioning in IE + windows

kwhubby
12-03-2005, 11:08 PM
Hi, on a specific computer I am working on, nortan anti virus was installed which made Javascript and VBscript stop functioning. I have uninstalled the software and tried the steps from microsoft for reinstalling Internet explorer and Outlook express but I have no luck. I am wondering if there is anyway to fix this issue without completely reinstalling windows. I installed mozilla firefox which works fine for browing the web when its coded well, but, many of microsofts, and various other companies' own software on the computer is not functioning because of the lack of scripting. System restore, and the SBC client that the computer owner uses are some things I can think of but I remember there was a few other things.
Anybody have any ideas?
Thanks

_Aerospace_Eng_
12-05-2005, 07:22 AM
Check to see if active scripting is enabled. Tools menu>Internet Options>Security>Custom Level (if enabled)>Scroll down to scripting, find active scripting, this should be enabled or set to prompt.

iota
12-05-2005, 08:15 AM
You can install Windows Host Scripting

kwhubby
12-06-2005, 01:27 AM
Yes I made sure of that previous to posting my question Aero, active scripting is enabled.
You can install Windows Host Scripting How/where do you do this?
Thanks!

JamieR
12-06-2005, 04:09 PM
I believe this is what you're in need of kwhubby:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c717d943-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&displaylang=en

kwhubby
12-08-2005, 04:46 AM
Ah, ok thanks. Well I'll try this and get back to say if it works or doesn't.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum