View Full Version : border gone gaga

zoobie
11-30-2005, 08:18 PM
Ahh...It's good to be back at CF...I think :rolleyes:
This happens to me every once in a blue moon.
I've added a footer image to a page but now the border has gone gaga.
Anyone notice the border is now goofy in IE?
=> http://buskercentral.com/insights.htm
It's supposed to be solid but the same thing happens if I change it to dashed or dotted.
I've started to comment out everything to narrow it down...but I'm about out of ideas.
Lil' help?
Thanks

_Aerospace_Eng_
11-30-2005, 08:41 PM
I'm guessing it has to do with your line-height.

zoobie
11-30-2005, 08:49 PM
You know, that line-height has bugged me ever since I started using it. Is there a better way to get those lines tight and uniform?
Thanks

_Aerospace_Eng_
11-30-2005, 08:52 PM
Why not just add a top and bottom margin to your cell class?

zoobie
12-01-2005, 04:37 AM
Well, it's the only page doing it...using identical code.

_Aerospace_Eng_
12-01-2005, 04:38 AM
You don't have a doctype on your page. This causes IE to go into quirks mode, add a doctype, preferably a strict one.

zoobie
12-01-2005, 06:05 AM
I just validated both html and css on the test page above. Except for the alt attributes, it passed.
This happens every once in a while where a page of mine goes gaga for no apparent reason.
I'll have to move on or take the footer back out.
Thanks

PS - I just wanted to add that I've noticed your activity here at CF and think you're doing a great job. It must be frustrating sometimes when the noobs don't actually read your posts....ha ha! Keep up the good work. Although we sometimes forget to say thanks, I'm doing it now for all of us at CF.

_Aerospace_Eng_
12-01-2005, 06:11 AM
Thanks. After I'm done with my HW, I'll try to see what the culprit is.

zoobie
12-02-2005, 07:45 PM
It's fine in FF...just IE that has an error somewhere. I took out the footer in www.buskercentral.com/insights2.htm but it's still doing it. I've noticed the button at the bottom is only half size...perhaps this is the cause.

I'm not sure it's solvable as I'm not exactly a noob. The code is the same throughout the site but this page doesn't want to behave. I'll double-check once more tonight but I had another page doing the same thing once with another site. Nobody could figure it out, either.

Thanks

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum