View Full Version : dns or something on fedora4

GO ILLINI
11-29-2005, 01:29 PM
Linux question:
I am looking to specify the dns servers given to me by my ISP. On a windows maching, I go to network connections, my connection, properties, tcp/ip, properties, then fill thoose feilds out. But on linux there are no lines for the dns servers like at the bottom of the box in windows. Anybody know where I can put thoose in on linux?

-GO ILLINI

Spookster
11-29-2005, 02:08 PM
You can supply all of that under the network configuration tool. If you are using gnome you would see it under Desktop/System Settings/Network. I don't remember what KDE has for a network config GUI.

SteelValor
11-29-2005, 02:37 PM
I too am looking for this as Adelphia has been screwing me on the lookups ... again. :/

GO ILLINI
11-29-2005, 10:01 PM
Well im just using command line so all I have is setup... But I herd somewhere that there is a file somewhere that I have to edit. But google has failed me so far...

Spookster
11-29-2005, 11:14 PM
If you want to open the GUI from the command line then it's system-config-network. Or are you not using any desktop environments and only using command prompt? If so that's just sadistic. :D In that case you are looking in /etc/resolv.conf That is where the nameservers are specified.

GO ILLINI
12-01-2005, 12:03 AM
just the cmd... The desktop alwayz makes it lag and I dont need it... I have winscp to easily edit and brows files n stuff...

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum