View Full Version : flash movie help

11-25-2005, 09:57 PM
i first wrote this in java programming forum.... and now i just found this one..

so my question is i found a tutorial on flashkit.com that makes the screen shake

now i have followed that through so many times and it will not work at all ! :(

can anyone either write a better tutorial or know where i can find one or anyone want to help me try and fix my problem ??

if so maybe can contact on msn or just here ... dont matter.... just as long as i can get some help trying to solve this little problem !

thanks alot /John

11-26-2005, 12:56 AM
The javascript is the main part. Firefox doesn't allow what you are trying to do. IMO it isn't smart to do what you want. Shaking the browser window will just annoy the user. This is something beginners do a lot. They use scripts that are just plain annoying.

11-26-2005, 12:29 PM
hehe oh ;) there you are again hihi :D

thanks for taking your time to write :thumbsup:

much need advice :D

i try and find something else then ...

11-27-2005, 11:08 AM
Javascript effects like that are just plain idiotic - there's no point in having them so why do people use them? They aren't "cool".

11-27-2005, 11:26 AM
yea ok , anyone have any ideas of some good effects i can use, either with flash or java ... im new to both ... only been using flash for about 3 weeks now on and off ...is there any other place to learn flash instead of flashkit ?

11-27-2005, 11:48 AM
What kind of effect are you after?

11-27-2005, 12:14 PM
i dont know really .. i will put the flash movie i just made lastnight on my site ... then you can have a look. .. i know its not good ... i have stars and the only thing i know on flash is motion/shape tween ... so things dont always end up looking as i wanted =P you will see when you have a look .. haha .. its pretty awful, but the idea i think could be quite good, nice and simple ...